Sunday 1 December 2013

Reflection on Blog Creation

There are multiple skills and knowledge I have acquired through this course such as coming up with a new blog, writing summary and suggestions about the successful entrepreneurs that I admired. The entrepreneurship mindset should be seen in every people, especially students. In creating my blog, I feel that these exercises compelled me to find inspiration from so many various sources, subsequently building on my imaginative capacity as well as my practical knowledge. Therefore, I feel I have gained and developed many skills in terms of my own personal creativity and development.
At the beginning of creating the blog, it was difficult and sometimes I am very frustrating. It was hard to find some information that is required to create the post of the blog, and I did not have any idea to do it at that time. In the end, through many ways like going to library and surfing internet, I managed to find some information that I need. I learnt that it is important to do some preparation before doing some important tasks. In the future I will prepare well before doing any task.
I also had to research a variety of sources such as academic journals and key texts. This at first felt overwhelming. My tutor/lecturer gave me some targeted references and I also asked the library staff for support in accessing the information I required. I learnt that asking for help can be a good thing.
It has been a time consuming process needing much focus and commitment. At first, I thought everything would be straightforward and that I could manage my time, but it was hard to juggle between my study time and assignment time. To keep myself on track I constructed action plans for creating the blog and the posts. At the beginning of each week I would make a daily plan of what I hoped to achieve and how I would do it. Then I ticked off each task as achieved. This helped me to finish some important tasks that consume more time. So throughout this process I have learnt to be self-disciplined, organized and become better at time management. These are clearly needed for future employment.
Through creating my creative blog, I not only became inspired by other practitioners, but felt I gradually began to find my own style in terms of composition and construction of narrative. The dissertation process has been an important journey for me in which I have developed my independent learning. It has, however, been challenging at times.
The information itself needed to be interpreted which required critical and analytical skills. I keep having to return to my initial question to avoid missing the point. At times I felt that I was not getting anywhere. I now understand that this is all part of doing assignment and, over time, I discovered some interesting themes.
To conclude, the dissertation assignment has improved my confidence in my ability, through producing a lengthy piece of work. I feel it has effectively concluded the academic phase, and I am excited and motivated by the prospect of getting good marks in this course.
Last but not least, I would like to take this opportunity to thanks lecturer, Professor Madya Habshah Binti Bakar for your guidance, support and advices during this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment